1.Qu M, Zheng G, Hamdani S, Essmine J, Song Q, Wang H, Chu C, Sirault X, Zhu XG (2017) Leaf photosynthetic parameters related to biomass accumulation in a global rice diversity panel. Plant Physiol. DOI: 10.1104/pp.17.00332.
2.Tang J and Chu C (2017) microRNAs in crop improvement: fine-tuners for complex traits. Nature Plants. 3: 17077.
3.Chen J, Nolan T, Ye H, Zhang M, Tong H, Xin P, Chu J, Chu C, Li Z, Yin Y (2017) Arabidopsis WRKY46, WRKY54 and WRKY70 transcription factors are involved in brassinosteroid-regulated plant growth and drought response. Plant Cell. 29(6): 1425-1439.
4. Schläppi M, Jackson A, Wang A, Chu C, Eizenga G, Shi Y, Shimoyama N, Boykin DL (2017) Assessment of five cold tolerance traits and GWAS mapping in rice using the USDA mini-core collection. Front. Plant Sci. 8: 957.
Cover Story. Highlighted in Asian Scientist Magazine on May 2, 2017: Apparently, Asian Wild Rice Isn’t So Wild Anymore.
6. Li H, Hu B and Chu C (2017) Nitrogen use efficiency in crops: lessons from Arabidopsis and rice. J. Exp. Bot. 68(10): 2477-2488
7. Wang M, Wu HJ, Fang J, Chu C, Wang XJ (2017) A long noncoding RNA involved in rice reproductive development by negatively regulating osa-miR160. Sci. Bull. 62: 470-475.
8. Tang J and Chu C (2017) microRNAs in crop improvement: fine-tuners for complex traits. Nature Plants. 3: 17077.(in print)
9.Zhang B, Zhang L, Li F, Zhang D, Liu X, Wang H, Xu Z, Chu C*, Zhou Y* (2017) Control of secondary cell wall patterning involves xylan deacetylation by a GDSL esterase. Nature Plants. 3: 17017.
Featured in Nature Plants with News & Views by Scheller HV (2017) Plant cell wall: Never too much acetate. Nature Plants. 3: 17024.
10.Ye H, Liu S, Tang B, Chen J, Xie Z, Nolan T, Jiang H, Guo H, Lin HY, Li L, Wang Y, Tong H, Zhang M, Chu C, Li Z, Aluru M, Aluru S, Schnable P and Yin Y (2017) RD26 mediates crosstalk between drought and brassinosteriod signalling pathways. Nature Communications 8: 14573.
11.Liang C, Li A, Yu H, Li W, Liang C, Guo S, Zhang R, Chu C (2017) Melatonin regulates root architecture by modulating auxin response in rice. Front. Plant Sci. 8: 134.
12.Tong H and Chu C (2017) Physiological analysis of brassinosteroid responses and sensitivity in rice. Methods Mol. Biol. 1564: 23-29.
13.Wang H and Chu C (2017) Underlying mechanism for heterosis unveiled by –Omics. Chin. Bull. Bot. 52(1): 4-9.
14. Hu B and Chu C (2017) Node-based transporter: Switching phosphorus distribution. Nature Plants. 3: 17002.
15.Wu J, Yang R, Yang Z, Zhao S, Yao S, Wang Y, Li P, Song X, Jin L, Zhou T, Xie L, Zhou X, Chu C, Qi Y, Cao X, and Li Y (2017) ROS accumulation and antiviral defence control by microRNA528 in rice. Nature Plants. 3: 16203.